Main Features of the CETAG Rotary Dross Cooling System are:
- Rapid and efficient cooling
- Controlled charging by automated charging mechanism with vibrating feeder
- Three way cooling, including emergency cooling system
- Safety of operation
- Rapid loading and high throughput capacity
- Environmental control of both the charging and discharging areas, so that no dust is allowed to escape
- Low operating costs
- Low maintenance and therefore high up time
Gains to be Made by Using a CETAG Rotary Dross Cooling System:
- With the use of the CETAG designed dross pots and drain pans a high amount of metal recovery is achieved.
- The rotary cooler is used to cool the drained dross efficiently and thereby eliminates thermiting of the dross. This results in an overall increase of ten to thirty percent (10 – 30 %) in metal recovery.
- The rotary cooler can be fitted with a segregation mechanism to allow separation by size and / or by alloy.
- The dross handling is significantly reduced, resulting in less personnel involvement and reduction in use of forklift truck traffic.
- The dross cooler has its own dust collection equipment. This improves the plant environment by eliminating dusty cooling rooms or storage areas.